Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fishing, Bryce Canyon, and Outdoor Retail Show

Over MLK holiday weekend Ian and I (Shelly) met Mom and Dad at Otter Creek to do some ice fishing.  It was a beautiful day and the fishing was good.  Here's a picture of me with one of my catches (and Ian having fun playing in the tent!).

On Monday we went ice fishing again.  The snow had all blown away and it looked like we were just walking on water (not ice, lol).  Ryan and his kids (minus Molly) came, along with Jim and Mikki, and Uncle Carl and 3 of his grandkids. 

Here's one Ian reeled in all by himself!


Here's Dad at the end of the day with most of the catch (Ryan had already taken some with him).
While we were down south we also took the time to go visit Bryce Canyon.  Ian had only been there a few times when he was much younger.  He was very impressed.  It was also nice that it was a free weekend to get into the park! 






 And last of all, the Outdoor Retail Show.  Brian has a friend who's involved with the outdoor retail show.  She was able to get Brian, Ian, and I passes to get in.  So Ian and I met Brian there after Ian got out of school on Friday.  Brian had entered a contest and told us we needed to be at that booth for the drawing at 4 p.m.  So I asked him if I should enter too and he took me to the booth.

At 4 p.m. we went over and they were drawing for 6 prizes.  My name was the 6th one called.  It was very exciting.  It was a company called "Leave No Trace" and I came home with a loot of outdoor stuff such as backpacks, a thermarest camp matt, rechargeable coleman flashlight, socks, shirts, GPS tracker unit, North America topographical maps on CD,  survival kits, survival food, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.  Brian figured it retailed to about $500 worth of stuff.  It was my lucky day I guess!  And I got to spend it with Brian and Ian, which was a big bonus in itself!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!

Erin Shakespear said...

Those pictures on the ice are so awesome! It really does look like you all are walking on water.

And that's so cool that you won all that stuff! :)