Friday, February 27, 2009

Fishing

Ian and I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with my parents, Ryan and Erin and their 3 boys and 1 daughter and John to go fishing last week. I think it was the most time I've spent in the sun for a long time. Ian and I both came home with a special reminder of that fact with some pretty weird sunburns. It was so much fun to spend time with family and fish. I haven't been fishing in several years and I've missed it so much. So here's some pics to enjoy.

Here's Ian after we first got there. He was all ready and anxious to catch a fish. Then the cousins showed up and well.... you know what happens when you put 4 rambling young boys on a big lake covered in ice and snow! He had so much fun.


It was very much pandemonium each time someone caught a fish. Everyone would come running and we were all so supportive of each other. Here's my mom (aka Grandma) and her first fish.



It was so much fun watching Ian try to bring his fish in. He was so excited to catch a "big whopper." I think he yelled that for 5 minutes straight and we all got quite the chuckle from it. Thank goodness he had lots of help to bring it in too.

Here's Ian's BIG WHOPPER!


And here's the big take home of the day. Thanks John for catching your limit and filling our freezer!



Sorry, it's not a very good picture, but if you look around Ian's eyes you can see some strange red marks. He only got sunburned around his eyes and he looked VERY miserable. Thank goodness for calamine lotion and aloe vera to sooth our burns away. He truly looked like a racoon.



It was such a blast. We missed Daddy (Brian) very much and wish he could have come. But thanks Dad for baiting everyones hooks and taking care of our catches. We all appreciate you very much!!!

2 comments:

June said...

That looks so fun. We actually got an ice fishing tent a few years ago. It has only been used once as I got pregnant before we were able to put it to real good use.

spice2116 said...

wow that was a lot of fish!! so cool.